Thursday 6 November 2008

An extreme oddity.

Today I got yet another email from the sibyl, and it has completely freaked me out. It read as follows:
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 07:37:41 +0000
From: sybil.cumae@googlemail.com
To: sfwc@hotmail.com
Subject: I thought you might want to know...

When you read this email you will have 3 20p coins in your pocket. Toss one of them 30 times and you will get the sequence THTHHHHHTHTTTTHTTHTTTTHHTTHTTT.
I had 3 20p coins in my pocket and I tossed one 30 times. I got exactly that sequence of heads and tails. The chance of this is less than 1 in a billion. There's no way any scammer, however sophisticated, could beat those odds. Dedicated googling has turned up no information at all about where these emails could be coming from. I can think of no explanation. Maybe I'm going mad.

No comments: